Film & Location Hire in Cornwall at Commonwood Manor, Looe
Cornwall is one of the UK’s top film locations right now, and Commonwood Manor in the Looe Valley offers a fine movie setting.
Commonwood Manor is an inspired location for film, television and photographic shoots, offering easy access by road, rail and air.
The Manor’s beauty, tranquillity and elegance belie its situation less than 7 miles from the A38 and 25 minutes from Plymouth. Commonwood Manor is just a few hundred yards from the mainline railway station at Looe. Newquay Airport, with direct flights from London in just over an hour, is a 45-minute drive.
The 19th-century house presents a stunning, late Victorian Italian villa style exterior. The fine proportions of the exterior are complemented by elegant interiors offering spacious, generously appointed rooms. Of particular note is the entrance hall, lounge, and a broad sweeping staircase .
The house sits in the centre of its estate, comprising a late 19th-century landscaped park. A large 100-ft terrace has views from the south-west-facing front aspect of the house.
Commonwood Manor offers comprehensive facilities for film makers
- Fast, efficient access
- Within easy reach of major transport hubs
- Formal drive from gated entrance
- Extensive hard standing with vehicular access
- Italian-influenced Victorian manor house
- Plentiful car parking
- Secure grounds
- CCTV surveillance system
- Uninterrupted views over the Looe River Valley
- Accommodation for 15 people within the house
- Production office available
- Wifi connectivity
- 3-phase electricity
- Convenience facilities throughout the site